The Equestrian World Maynooth have been synonymous with the U8/U10 Discovery League. This exciting league is geared for our young athletes to encourage them to participate and most importantly of all, to have fun!
Kindly sponsored by Equestrian World of Maynooth
|Thomastown (30th April)
||Ballymena (26th/27th May)
||Bandon (21st May)
||Ard Chuain (22nd/23rd April)
|Westmeath Agri (9th July)
||Banbridge (10th/11th June)
||Kilworth/Araglen (11th June)
||Athenry (28th May)
||Cavan (10th/11th June)
||Ruan (11th June)
||Headford (11th June)
||Enniskillen (17th June)
||Ballylawn (1st May)
||Easkey (25th June)
|Dunnamaggin (20th August)
||Tyrone Farming Society (30th June)
||Newcastle West (16th July)
||Loughrea (16th July)
||National Balmoral (12th-16th July)
||Kingdom County (7th May)
||Crossmolina (29th July)
||Clogher Valley (tbc)
||Newmarket On Fergus (30th April)
||Aughrim (20th August)
||Thurles (5th June)
***Final at the National Championships***
CLICK HERE for Under 8 CONNAUGHT leaderboard
CLICK HERE for Under 8 LEINSTER leaderboard
CLICK HERE for Under 8 MUNSTER leaderboard
CLICK HERE for Under 8 ULSTER leaderboard
CLICK HERE for Under 10 CONNAUGHT leaderboard
CLICK HERE for Under 10 LEINSTER leaderboard
CLICK HERE for Under 10 MUNSTER leaderboard
CLICK HERE for Under 10 ULSTER leaderboard
- The Under 8 League is for athletes who are under 8 years of age on 1st January 2017 riding 128cm ponies. The Over 8/Under 10 League is for athletes who are over 8 and under 10 years of age on 1st January 2017 riding 128cm ponies.
- The League will consist of 32 qualifying shows (8 per Region), the top ten from each region qualifying for the final
- Athletes may only compete in their own Region and the top 40 (top ten from each region) Under 8 and the top Over 8/Under 10 combinations in the League and those on equal points will go forward to the National Final at the National Pony Championships.
- The height of the fences (first round) for the Under 8 League will be 60cms and for the Over 8/Under 10 League will be 70cms.
- Qualifiers will run under Article 238.1.1 or if 2 Phase, then Article 274.5.1.
- Optimum time will apply only in the Final for Under 8 and timed round for Over 8/Under 10
- There will be no straight jump off against the clock in any qualifier
- Prizes will be optional for prize money or prizes in kind
- 1 League point will be awarded for attendance, 1 point for the first clear, 1 point for second clear round at each qualifier to athlete/pony combinations (3 points in total for double clear round)
- Athletes may compete in the Final on only one pony but if they have qualified more than one, they may select which pony they wish to jump.
- All athletes/ponies will start the Final with zero points.
- Athletes who qualify and subsequently compete in any Show jumping category at the RDS are not eligible to take part in the Final of this League at the National Championships.
- Judges to judge this League as two separate competitions with two sets of results to be recorded and submitted to the office.
- The highest placed Regional combination will be recognised at the Championships