Five Stars Tour 2021
Height bands :
1* - 85cm – 90cm
2* - 95cm -1m
3* - 1.05m-1.10m
4* - 1.15m – 1.20m
5* - 1.25m – 1.30m
CRITERIA FOR HORSES & SHOWS:
1. Open to all Showjumping Ireland Registered Riders & Horses, no Temporary Registrations accepted. Shows must be registered & competitors will jump under SJI Rules. All ages & passports are welcome to compete.
2. Horses competing on Irish Horse Board qualifiers where they have won prize money at 2 or more Qualifier Finals on the League, horses qualified for the 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8 Yr Old Classes at the RDS or horses competing at National GP level are not eligible for the Grand Finals Weekend or any prizes associated with the Tour Finals, but are welcome to compete on the Tour & avail of it as a marketing tool.
3. The aim is to have 20 Tour Dates spread from April to end of August (5 dates/region, one show/month/region) with the Grand Finals at the end of August before the students return to school. The Five Star Tour Classes will be held in the Main Arena of the Qualifier Shows, and must run as independently advertised classes, not part of any height class.
4. Minimum of three Show appearances on the Tour qualifies you to enter for the Grand Final Weekend. A combination may jump at a variety of heights throughout the Tour but it is a total of 4 Tour Shows/combination that is necessary.
5. All horses will be pre-entered for the Grand Finals & the rider that rode it on the 4 qualifying shows on the Tour is the rider eligible to ride it on the Grand Final Weekend. (If there is a legitimate sale or injury to the rider before the Festival weekend the owner/rider must contact the organiser before the entry is submitted for the Grand Final Weekend & a decision will be made by the Committee on the validity of the requested change of rider)
6. A rider can ride a maximum of 5 horse/class in the Grand Final Qualifiers & a Maximum of 2 horses in a Grand Final.
- Riders may compete in 2 height band Qualifiers/horse at the Grand Finals weekend.
- A rider/horse combination may compete in only 1 Grand Final, therefore a rider/horse combination that may have qualified for 2 Grand Finals must then choose 1 of the Grand Finals & the next eligible combination will be given the Grand Final slot.
- If a rider has more than 2 horses qualified for any of the 5* Grand Finals it is the highest placed horses on the Result Sheets that will go forward to the Finals. The remaining horses will go forward to the Silver Tour Finals.
7. In the case of the 4 & 5 Yr Old Grand Finals, if a rider has more than the quota qualified, the rider will choose the 2 horses from their qualified horses to go forward to the Grand Final. The Rider must notify the Show Office within 1 hour of the qualifying class finishing with their choice of horses to allow the next eligible combination to be notified for the Grand Final. The rider’s remaining qualified horses will go forward to the Silver Tour Final.
All standard SJI Protocols will stand for in relation to Veterinary Checks, Stipendary Stewarding, boots, warm Up arena fence height & warm up practices etc.
Unsportsmanlike behaviour will be dealt with by the Stipendary Stewards & the Ground Jury.
SAT 1ST – JAG – FIVE STARS TOUR
MON 3RD - JAG – YOUNGSTER TOUR
SAT 8TH - DUFFYS EC - FIVE STARS TOUR ONLY
SUNDAY 16TH MAY - ROSCREA EC - YOUNGSTER TOUR & FIVE STARS
SAT 22ND – TIPPERARY EC – YOUNGSTER TOUR
SUN 23RD - TIPPERARY EC – FIVE STARS TOUR
SUN 30TH - SCEILIG EC - YOUNGSTER TOUR
SUN 6TH – RAHEEN NA GUN – YOUNGSTER TOUR
MON 7TH - RAHEEN NA GUN – FIVE STARS TOUR
SAT 12TH/SUN 13TH - WEXFORD EC -TO BE CONFIRMED
SAT 19TH - GALWAY EC - YOUNGSTER TOUR & FIVE STARS TOUR
SUN 20TH - MARYVILLE EC - FIVE STARS TOUR
SUNDAY 27TH - MARYVILLE EC -YOUNGSTER TOUR
KERNAN EC - to be confirmed
SAT 3RD – CONNELL HILL – YOUNGSTER TOUR
SUN 4TH - CONNELL HILL EC – FIVE STARS TOUR
SAT 3RD – KILLOSSERY EC – YOUNGSTER TOUR
SUN 4TH - KILLOSSERY EC – FIVE STARS TOUR
SAT 29 – MULLINGAR EC – YOUNGSTER TOUR
SUN 30 - MULLINGAR EC – FIVE STARS TOUR
CASTLE IRVINE - TO CONFIRM
SAT 1ST/SUN2ND - CLARE EC (MAY BE 1 OR 2 DAYS) YOUNGSTER TOUR & FIVE STARS TOUR
SAT 7TH THE MEADOWS EC – YOUNGSTER TOUR
SUN 8TH - THE MEADOWS EC – FIVE STARS TOUR
SUN 8TH - SCEILIG EC - FIVE STARS TOUR
MON 9TH - DUFFYS EC - YOUNGSTER TOUR
SUN 29TH - BALLYCAHANE EC - YOUNGSTER TOUR ONLY.