Jessica Burke won her second National Grand Prix of the season this weekend at Coilog Equestrian on Express Trend. Burke had two foot clear rounds in an unbeatable time of 41.18 to secure the victory on Sunday. Out of the 32 declared tickets, just six made it through to the second round of the Tom Holden built course.
Young Rider Louis Gates – Hardiman clocked the slower of just two double clears on the day to secure second place in the line-up with Erasmus VD Heffinck, as well as the highest placed Young Rider award and €100 voucher for TRI Equestrian kindly sponsored jointly by TRI Equestrian and the National Junior & Young Rider Committee of Showjumping Ireland.
Gemma Phelan was unlucky with two fences down in a strong time of 42.31 on her mount, GRC Acapella and took up third position on the day.
Darryl Walker was the only contender to enter the second round with two chances on the day. With two poles left on the floor and a time of 45.19, Caliva Charca MMZ held fourth position, while Walker’s second horse, CCS Ottomatic had four fences fall in a time of 51.25.
Gerard Clarke completed the line-up with Kellswaters Crimson.
As we come to the middle of the season, Liam O’Meara and Mr. Coolcaum still hold the lead with 30 points. The leaderboard can be viewed on our website.
- Jessica Burke, Express Trend (0/0 – 41.18)
- Louis Gates-Hardiman, Erasmus vd Heffinck (0/0 – 49.78)
- Gemma Phelan, GRC Acapella (0/8 – 42.31)
- Darryl Walker, Caliva Charca MM Z (0/8 – 45.19)
- Darryl Walker, CCS Ottomatic (0/16 – 51.25)
- Gerald Clarke, Kellswater Crimson (0/37 – 74.75)
- Liam O'Meara, Curraghgraigue Take Flight (4 – 69.44)
- Gerald Clarke, Fabio M (4- 70.52)
- Liam O’Meara, Russel Style (4 – 71.30)
- Liam O'Meara, Mr.Coolcaum (4- 71.70)
Photo credit: Jumpinaction.net