Opened to A riders only this league sees a number of qualifiers take place, leading to a final.
We are delighted that the Farmers Journal is back on board to sponsor this very popular championship. We hope that our A amateur riders will show their support this year.
Farmers Journal A Championship Rules:
- The competition is open to A riders only who are members of the Amateur section of Showjumping Ireland. Fences height 1m
- At each qualifier the first 8 riders going clear in descending order will get a place in the final.
- The horse/rider combinations must complete the course in the first round clear to be eligible for a qualifying place.
- At a qualifier if rider has already qualified at another venue the ninth rider in that qualifier gets his/her place in the final.
- A rider may only qualify one horse for the Final. The horse eligible to compete in the Final is the first horse to qualify. No substitution allowed.
- It is hoped that a total of 64 qualified riders will turn out at the final. It should be announced that any qualified rider who cannot attend the final that he or she should inform the judges so that the ninth or tenth rider will get their place in the final.
- If a rider or riders, in the weeks leading up to the final, find that they won’t be able to attend for whatever reason, it is requested that they inform the SJI Amateur Committee so that their place can be filled with the ninth or tenth rider from their qualifier.
- It is imperative that the shows running the qualifiers have a photographer present on the day. The results and photos are to be sent to Rachel Kearns in the SJI Office by email (email@example.com).
Congratulations to Laura Walshe, 2019 Farmers Journal Champion!