Monthly Training Events Nationally and Regionally throughout the year.
Please monitor this page Regularly as updates will be posted as they occur.
For information on training in the Munster region please contact Mary E Ryan on 087 9890545
Limerick/Clare: Autumn Training
MACKEY BAR Assessments:
- BAR 2 & BAR 3 5th November 2017
- Mackey BAR 2 & 3 Assessment: Saturday 11th November 2017 Venue TBC
- BAR 1 required for 128 cm Pony RDS Qualifiers
- BAR 2 required for RDS Qualifiers – All 138 /148 / COH / YR classes
Please register with Mary E Ryan & forward Application form which can be downloaded from
www.sji/training/FIVE BAR/Mackey Five Bar Training Form
Please note: A Training sub-committee has been set up within the Limerick Clare region to facilitate scheduling a comprehensive Autumn Program.
- Mary E Ryan 087 9890545
- David Moran 086 8198005
- Aideen Kirby 086 8262464
- Audrey Hannan 087 8227005
- Karen Whelan 086 8091410
- What type of training you require; e.g. BAR 1, BAR 2, Ordinary
- State your preference for evenings during the week or week-ends;
- Trainer of preference (From SJI List www.sji.ie/Training/SJI-Approved- Coaches-List)
- Venue / location preference
- Block Training or once-off
- Individual or Group Sessions
Training will incorporate the National Training (Mackey) Bar syllabus. Training is open to all
members: Pony / Junior & Young Rider / Amateur / Senior
As a Pilot Scheme, an On-line booking system has been introduced for Training Bookings and will be used to book-in to all Regional & Branch training. To view and book-in please log on to www.itsplainsailing.com/club/lcbs and complete the relevant applications.
Should you need assistance, please contact Mary E Ryan 087 9890545
2015 version of Mackey 5 BAR Book to be fully completed and fully signed off by Coaches prior to Assessments. Please also provide evidence of relevant double clears.
BAR Certification cannot be awarded unless Documentation correctly completed
Mary E Ryan, Oatlands, Ballysheedy, Co Limerick: 087 9890545 email@example.com
13th October 2017 University of Limerick, Equine Science Department
Open Evening: Soroya Morscher has kindly agreed to give a talk on Equine Dentistry at University of Limerick. Soroya, HSI Level 2 Coach & Lecturer at UL, will also give a talk on “Bits and use Horse skulls to demonstrate their use.
To Book: www.itsplainsailing.com/club/lcbs
Autumn Training: Limerick/Clare
Should you be unable to attend any training below or require any assistance please contact Mary E Ryan 087 9890545
BAR 1; BAR 2; BAR 3 Training:
- Clare Equestrian: Marie Burke Mid-Week by Appointment (Group or Individual) -To Book: 086 850 45999
- Richmond Stud Sheila White Mid-Week by Appointment (Group or Individual) - To Book: 086 810 9764
- Soroya Morscher By Appointment: (Group or Individual) - To Book: 086 314 3190
- Clonshire Equestrian Sue Foley By Appointment: (Group or Individual) - To Book: 086 834 2837
- BAR 1 Training:
- Newmarket on Fergus Joan Green By Appointment (Group or Individual) - To Book: 087 243 1118
- Clarina Deirdre O’Neill By Appointment (Group or Individual) - To Book: 085 801 0569
For full information on training in the Leinster region please contact Rose Mary Rice on 086 0444068 before 8.30am or after 6pm.
- Leinster training is open to ALL members.
- All regional training includes the Mackey Five Bar
- Three day full Q Q I level five course to be held in Mullingar Equestrian Centre on the 13th, 20th and 27th of November.
- First Aid refresher courses on Monday 4th and Wednesday the 13th December.
- Ten places available on each course.
- Fees for First Aid Courses must be paid in advance to secure your place.
To book your course phone Rose On 086 0444068
Leinster Regional Training - September
September Tuesdays - 11th, 18th & 25th Gerry Flynn or Julie Ann Gaffney
Long field Farm
September Thursdays - 7th, 14th, 21st & 28th Dereck Mc Connell
Raheen Na Gunn
September Wednesdays - 13th, & 20th & 27th Ger. O Brien
Mullingar Equestrian Centre
September Mondays 4th, 18th & 25th Mary Ellen Rice
September Tuesdays 19th & 26th Ian Fearon
All the above training to be booked with Rose Mary Rice on 086 0444068
Wexford Equestrian Centre
September Wednesday’s 20th & 27th also Development Squad Ian Fearon
Wexford training can be booked with Orla Roche on 087 6613088
Leinster Regional Training - October
Jag Equestrian 3rd,10th, 17th and 24th October Gerry Flynn /Julie Ann Gaffney
Mullingar 9th, 16th & 23rd October Mary Ellen Rice
10th, 18th & 29th October Ian Fearon
To book training contact Rose Rice on 086 0444068
Wexford Equestrian 11th, 18th & 29th October Ian Fearon
To book training in Wexford phone Orla Roache on 087 6613088
NB Training fees to be paid at the time of booking. Any changes to any of the Wexford dates due to unforeseen circumstances will be posted on the Wexford equestrian face book page.
Leinster Training News
Mackey Bar two and three training is available to all members as part of the Leinster training program.
Prepare for success in the 2018 season by starting your training program early.
Mackey Bar 2 and 3 Assessment Dates
If you have been signed off by your coach for either Mackey Bars two or three.
Contact Rose Mary Rice on 086 0444068 to book your place for the next Leinster assessment which has been provisionally booked for Saturday the 14th October in Knightsfield Equestrian Co Kildare.
Mackey Bar 3 and 4 lunging and flatwork training in Knightsfield Equestrian on Saturday the 30th September 2017.
To book your place contact Rose 0860444068
For information on Ulster region training or assessments, please contact Chris Bogle, Ulster region training representitive on 0044 7709199474.
For information on connaught region training or assessments, please contact Niall Carey, Connaught region training representitive on 086 8768541.
***Connaught are currenlty seeking SJI listed coaches for regional training. Please contact Niall on the number above to express interest**