Liam O’Meara took victory in last weekend’s Showjumping Ireland National Grand Prix on Mr. Coolcaum to take the lead for the series in a time of 39.68, which was previously held by O’Meara’s other mount, Curraighgraigue Jack Take Flight who also was placed 7th with four faults and a time of 41.25 at Charleville Show which was the eight leg of the series.
Young Rider, Ciaran Nallon and Zaronda 11 secured second place with a time of 41.18. This combination was also placed third at the second leg of the series held at Portmore Equestrian and now lies joint third on the leaderboard with another Young Rider, Jack Ryan.
As well as taking second place, Nallon took home a €100 TRI Equestrian voucher which has been sponsored by Junior and Young Rider Committee at Showjumping Ireland and TRI Equestrian jointly.
A regular combination on the Grand Prix circuit, Vincent Byrne and Mr. Rockerfeller slotted into third position with a double clear in 41.41.
Francis Connors placed fourth and fifth at Charleville to make his way onto the leaderboard with Primo Bella Swan (41.67) and Newmarket Clare Lady (42.22).
Paul Beecher was the last in the line up of the six double clears in a time of 43.39 with Ikona V.T’ Recht Eind.
- Liam O’Meara, Mr. Coolcaum (0/0-39.68)
- Ciaran Nallon, Zaronda11 (0/0 – 41.18)
- Vincent Byrne, Mr. Rockerfeller (0/0 – 41.41)
- Francis Connors, Primo Bella Swan (0/0 – 41.67)
- Francis Connors, Newmarket Clare Lady (0/0 – 42.22)
- Paul Beecher, Ikona V.T’ Recht Eind (0/0 – 43.39)
- Liam O’Meara, Curraighgraigue Jack Take Flight (/4 – 41.25)
- Madeline Robers Allen, Daroenta VDL (0/4 – 41.93)
- Liam O’Meara, Russell Style (0/4 – 42.93)
- Vincent Byrne, Primo Royal (4 – 73.07)